Wednesday 29 April 2009

Games of today.

I was talking to a friend the other day about the newer computer games that have been recently released over the past year or so. You know something? I'm starting to get tired of them, all they seem to be worried about is explosions, and high graphics, no one seems to care about the game-play or story line any more. its gone to the point where I find myself playing the old classics like Diablo 1 or Final Fantasy 7, yes the graphics were corny compared to today's games, but who gives a fuck? the games were at it's best when the game play was good and the story was decent enough to actually care about your characters. Which brings me to another point, the character development in today's games are shit, I mean seriously how many games can you honestly say you care about your group like you did with say final fantasy 7 or Resident Evil 2? I can tell you, the answer is probably limited to only a few titles. I mean seriously if your going to make a game focus more on your story & game play not the graphics, I'd be happy with the 2D graphics if I thought the story was good enough to play.

0 comments: